- 250 g (3 medium) potatoes – unpeeled
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ¾ tsp chili powder
- ¾ tsp coriander seeds
- ½ inch fresh ginger – peeled and chopped
- 3 green chilies – de-seeded and chopped
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- ¾ tbsp lemon juice
- ¾ tbsp chopped coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 1 lemon – cut into wedges, to garnish
Cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling water for about 10 minutes, or until cooked but still firm, then drain and allow to cool. When the potatoes are cool, peel off their skins and cut the potatoes into 1 inch cubes.
Heat the oil in a pan, add the potato cubes and stir-fry for about 1 minute over medium heat. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
When the potatoes are cool, add the remaining ingredients and toss gently, making sure the potatoes are not mashed. Arrange equal portions of the chaat in 4 serving dishes and garnish with lemon wedges.